Saturday, November 09, 2019

Ava's Henna Birthday {12th Birthday}

This year we celebrated Ava's 12th birthday down in Georgia with Jack's family. Her wish was to have a henna-inspired birthday using a turquoise and orange palette with gold accents. 

I absolutely love how this cake turned out. If I remember correctly, it was a 3 layer white cake. 

I love having dinner parties out here on my in-laws' front porch. It always feels more sophisticated than what I can pull off at home. The tablecloth and paperware are from Hobby Lobby. The glasses are my MIL's and they are stunning, as are the gold silverware that she breaks out often when we visit. I loved that I was able to find some grocery store flowers to match the decor. 

They have such a sweet Papa Jack. 

The design of the cake resembles the henna that we have grown to love living in Turkey. We loved using henna designs to tell the most meaningful stories. 

She is such a precious girl. I love that she wanted to match her party theme. The flower crown is also from the island just off Istanbul, another nod to the henna. 

Her express desire was to have tavuk sote for dinner...it's a chicken sauteed in stewy tomatoes. It's her favorite dish served over rice. Celebrating with these sweet people was the icing on the cake. That really cool gold chandelier is also from Hobby Lobby. She and her sisters did henna on each other later to finish off the celebration. 

Party Links:



No comments: